Training for the 5K (or 5Ks as Megan told me)

Training for the 5K (or 5Ks as Megan told me)

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 1

Day 1 of Training (Monday)

I've decided to RUN a 5K for the first time. If you know me at all, you'll know that the extent of my running has been to the bathroom in between classes. I've never ran any type of race or fun run in my life. So . . . this is a first and I'm making myself accountable for it. I am going to blog about it and I've told my friend/colleague Megan. She promised to keep me accountable. Thanks, Megan.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. If I say it three times in a row, will it make it happen? I hope so.

Overall, Day One went well. I stopped the training session a little shorter than it called for due to some soreness(I increased the weight when doing squats at the gym). I also walked a lot more than it called for because I am worried about knees after my last attempt (Fall 2007) which ended in physical therapy because (as the Dr. and P.T. told me) I do not walk or run correctly and needed inserts in my shoes. Well, the inserts are in my running shoes and I'm ready to go. . . at least for today.

No comments: